Onzo is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Onzo may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Information about you and your property when you register and use myOnzo.com
- Information about your use of energy and water
- Data which your Onzo product(s) collect and transmit to Onzo servers in relation to system events and measurement of temperature, power, energy and water consumption.
- What we collect about your website visits
- We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the websites usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Allow you to contact Onzo via our Contact page
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We provide other companies with, or publish, statistical information about our users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Marketing and research
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
If you agree, we may contact you:
- with offers and information about Onzo’s products or services
- with offers and information about partners’ products or services
- for customer research e.g. to help improve our services
Of course, the choice is entirely yours, but if you say you do not want to receive marketing information from us this will prevent you from receiving offers or promotions that may be of interest to you.
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
International Data Transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States and India) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- whenever you are using Onzo’s web services by adjusting your privacy settings in your user area
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties except where we have your consent; we are required or permitted by law to do so; to other companies who provide a service to us; or any successors in title to our business. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Onzo Ltd.,6 Great Newport Street,London,WC2H 7JB, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any personal information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any personal information found to be incorrect.